Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Monsters of Men by Ness




As a world-ending war surges to life around them, Todd and Viola face monstrous decisions, questioning all they have ever known as they try to step back from the darkness and find the best way to achieve peace.

I was looking forward to finishing this trilogy after reading the first two, but for me it didn't live up to expectations. The first two thirds of the books focus on the war with not much happening and seemingly going on forever. I skimmed much of it and read a minimal amount of 1017’s entries. The last third or so of the book was a little more interesting, but basically, I just wanted the book to end.

In sum, while I didn't find this to be the page turner that I expected, I still found this to be a fairly good ending to a unique sci fi series. I will still be recommending this series often.

Rating 3 out of 5
Reading Next: The Scorch Trials by Dashner

No comments: