Friday, July 2, 2010
101 Fun Things for Teens to Do This Summer
By Denise Witmer, About.com Guide
1. Invent a new type of pizza.
2. Make a music video.
3. Grow a tomato or sunflower plant.
4. Walk barefoot through the grass.
5. Build a sandcastle.
6. Have a wet t-shirt relay race.
7. Picnic at a local park.
8. Make the best ice cream sandwich ever.
9. Have an overnight movie marathon.
10. Play frisbee golf.
11. Have a car wash to fundraise for a club or charity.
12. Grab a blanket, spread it out in the grass and cloud watch.
13. Make a card for a friend.
14. Bike five miles.
15. Catch lightning bugs.
16. Eat the Best Banana Split ever.
17. Take a nap under a shade tree.
18. Go swimming.
19. Have a pool party.
20. Play with water balloons.
21. Make a summer tote bag out of a recycled tank top.
22. Soak in the bathtub with homemade summer bath salts.
23. Sketch a flower that is growing in your yard.
24. Bury a friend in the sand.
25. Babysit and make paper airplanes.
26. Volunteer in a community effort.
27. Go fishing.
28. Sleep in your backyard, under the stars.
29. Create a photo journal.
30. Hike a rail trail.
31. Visit the local library and sign up for the summer reading list. You could win something.
32. Swap a favorite book with a friend and read it.
33. Make a friendship bracelet and send it to your friend.
34. Write a poem
35. Write a song.
36. Write a play.
37. Start your novel.
38. Make a website.
39. Give your MySpace/Facebook page a summery look.
40. Friend someone famous on your MySpace/Facebook page.
41. Have an outdoor basketball free-throw contest.
42. Have a watermelon seed spitting contest.
43. Sketch your pet.
44. Make smoothies.
45. Have a high tea, only use iced-teas.
46. Help plan the family vacation.
47. Make a root beer float.
48. Write in your journal, "My Top Ten Favorite Summertime Activities".
49. Make toe ring.
50. Paint your toe nails.
51. Make a barefoot sandal.
52. Make Hawaiian Pizza for your family dinner.
53. Paint your fingernails with bright sparkly polish.
54. Watch the sunrise.
55. Watch the sunset.
56. Get your community’s events list for the summer and attend an event.
57. Have a summer clothes fashion show.
58. Create a summer safety poster for the local library.
59. Volunteer to read to children at the library.
60. Learn to grill a hot dog.
61. Learn to grill a hamburger.
62. Learn to grill pizza crust.
63. Eat some fruit with fruit dip.
64. Make a collage out of old magazines.
66. Skip stones at a lake.
67. Surf/boogey board at the beach.
68. Get a new hairdo.
69. Change something about how you wear your make-up.
70. Decide to pick up one good habit, then pick which one you’ll do.
71. Make your own popsicles.
72. Watch last year’s hot summer flick.
73. Go to this year’s hot summer flick.
74. Make a list of your favorite summertime movies in your journal.
75. Make a summer sun shaped collage out of summer fashion magazines.
76. Make a leaf t-shirt.
77. Make a earring holder out of a branch.
78. Make peach lemonade.
79. Make a CD of your favorite summertime songs.
80. Enjoy a board game marathon on your backyard picnic table or on your back porch.
81. Have a scavenger hunt.
82. Make some summer jewelry.
83. Change something in or add something to your room.(You could clean it too.)
84. Give your dog/pet a bath outside.
85. Take your dog/pet for a walk.
86. Run through a sprinkler.
87. Make a whirlpool in a kids pool or play Ice Cubes and Piggies Game.
88. Visit a flower garden and/or butterfly house.
89. Grow some lavender so you can make your own potpourri.
90. Turn up the music and dance.
91. Go stargazing.
92. Sleep until noon – once.
93. Tie-dye your bed sheets.
94. See some fireworks.
95. See a local baseball game.
96. Play mini-golf.
97. Learn how to hula-hoop.
98. Create a sidewalk mural with chalk, use a tropical theme.
99. Organize your summer sandals and flip-flops.
100. Visit a college.
101. Plan and enjoy a luau
Posted by Ms. V at 11:11 AM