Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Teen Read Week

There are a few activities for teens online for this. The Bookburger blog is looking for America's Next Top Librarian. Teens can nominate their favourite librarian for the title and possibly win a $50 Amazon.com gift card (US Residents only). Teens can also vote for their favourite teen read.

Here are some of my favorites:
Endymion Spring by Matthew Skeleton - Ok, so this is really a bit younger than a teen read but I loved it anyway. Blake has been dragged off to Oxford with his professor mother and little sister Duck. While sitting in the library one day he discovers a magical book that sets him, and Duck, off on a serious of adventures. The book flashes back and forth between the present and the year 1452 in Gutenberg's printing shop. I'm a sucker for a book within a book and even the slightly cliched and predictable ending didn't spoil this one for me. One of my favorites a bit of historical fiction.

No comments: